Monday 26 May 2008

Bank Holiday Labour of Love!!!



Hi all hope you are having a good bank holiday today!!! I spent the day making an explosion box for my Mum and Dad to give their brother and sister for their golden wedding..now as you may or may not know I have made several of these ..but this one just didn't want to come together today!!!



This is the first layer the little girl in the photo is ME two days before my 2nd birthday Ahhh with my beloved grandmother who has been gone 21yrs in September but I remember her like it was yesterday.


This is the second layer and guess what colour the bridesmaids were wearing yeah lilac and no I don't remember I had to ask!!


This is my auntie and uncle nearly 50 years ago!!


I am off to get something to eat now hope to have a go at Jo's blog candy challenge later.

Thanks for looking Sue :o)

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow sue this is fantastic what a lovely present to give to someone.

Annie said...

wow! what a lot of love and attention to detail has gone into this - a family keepsake to treasure.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue how wonderful! it will be such a treasure for sure!

Marlene x

Natalie said...

Sue this is just stunning, love all the old photo's. x

Jo said...

This is gorgeous Sue and so elegant. You've obviously put alot of work into this and it really shows! Well done, it's beautiful :)

Manna said...

Another WOW project, Sue! So elegant and the old photos are beautiful!

Gina said...

what a lovely keepsake, I am sure they will love it, and so much hard work has gone in to it too, well done :)
Gina xx

Michelle Short said...

WOW! What a great box Sue and lovely photos. Yes, it must have taken you ages but well worth the effort as it is great and what a lovely keepsake, I bet they will love it :0) x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fantastic Suzanne and well worth all the time which it took. It will be treasured

Kim Marie said...

Wow Sue...how wonderful! You out did yourself!! I'm sure they are multiply blessed with this tremendous gift!
Kim Marie