Tuesday 24 November 2009

PFP Vintage



This week Maria has chosen vintage as the theme for this weeks PFP challenge.
This is out of my comfort zone but hay this is why they are called challenges.

I decided to use some Dovecraft paper from last year and a SU Santa stamped with "close to cocoa" ink... he has a real old fashioned feeling about him, just like Santa when I was a kid.

I have kept the colours to a minimum using Ivory and Blush and the colours are Burgundy Caramel and Duck Egg which has been toned down with Warm Grey 1.

The card is very simple with layers of card which has been inked with "close to cocoa" ink.
A strip of Burgundy ribbon and a couple of Christmas charms.

I was very worried about this challenge as vintage I just don't do but I am quite pleased with the result.

Thanks for Looking Sue :o)

7 comments:

Teri said...

Sue .... I can't begin to tell you how much I love this card! This is my fav Christmas set from SU and I've never been able to colour it properly! I think, maybe it's coz I've tried to use too many colours! Yours works perfectly and is sooooooo gorgeous! I struggle with 'vintage' too - I just don't do that! I love it tho and admire people who can ..... but I think you've done a great job. The colours and papers are beautiful and the image ...... perfect!

Teri xxx

Sarah said...

I love your card, it is traditional and beautiful and lovely xxx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Sue. Love the image you've used and perfect colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Wiccababe said...

and so you should be pleased Sue, its fabulous - he actually reminds me of the santa on the Coke adverts
Debz
xx

Riet said...

Beautiful card Suzanne,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Beth said...

This is so sweet Sue! I love this image and the little gingerbread buttons are adorable!

Love Beth xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful Santa, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby